Money Laundering Prevention
Crime and terrorism need cash. Criminals turn the “dirty” cash made from drug trafficking, smuggling, and robbery into clean money by using false identities or taking the names of innocent people – like you. Making sure that people are who they say they are is essential in the fight against crime and terrorism. This does not mean in any way that suspicion is falling on you.
Money laundering is the act of converting money or other monetary instruments from illegal activity into money or investments that appear to be legitimate so its illegal source cannot be traced.
Paymentmela.com views money laundering as a serious criminal offense, and as such, complies with requirements intended to prevent money laundering.
- We are required to verify your identity and address. (NID, Selfie, Mobile Number etc)
- All the contact details stated in the User’s Order as well as any other personal data must be truthful and correct.
- We are required to keep full records of all transactions together with identification provided.
- We are required to monitor any unusual or suspicious transactions of any size.
- The sender of the payment must be the same person as the payee. Any payments in favor of a third party are strictly prohibited.
- Orders formed through anonymous proxy-servers, or any other anonymous Internet connections, are strictly prohibited.
In order to prevent unlawful activity, the Service:
- uses the internal automated system analyzing transactions and users’ behavior (also called “fraud prevention system”), blocking any suspicious activity.
- sets limits on users’ transactions, depending on the level of their verification and the country of residence.
- observes the Know-Your-Customer policy.
- performs verification of the data provided by the User, employing any available means.
Any information about your identity is held confidentially and will help stop your identity being used falsely.
Please note that Paymentmela.com has the right to refuse a transaction at any time should suspicion arise that it may be connected to money laundering or any other criminal activity. Providing Paymentmela.com with false verification documents or contact details will be deem as a misuse of our terms of service and you may be the subject to a criminal investigation. Paymentmela.com will not do exchange with anyone suspected of or directly involved in money laundering or where funds have been sourced by any illegal activity.